The Professional Scrum Product Owner™ (PSPO) is a hands-on, activity-based course where students develop an understanding of the critical role that the Product Owner plays on the Scrum Team. Throughout the class, students learn a number of Product Ownership practices that they can use once they leave the classroom while also receiving an introduction to Agile Product Management.
There are many myths and misconceptions about the role of the Product Owner. The accountabilities of the Product Owner, however, go well beyond managing the Product Backlog and writing User Stories. The Product Owner is pivotal to bridging business strategy and product execution in order to help the Scrum Team create valuable products.
In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based on real-life cases.
What makes us different?
- We are training people to “be Agile”, not just “doing Agile” – we focus conversations about Agile mindset and Agile values with real-life cases and challenges people faced when adopting Agile.
- Agile is for everyone, not just for software development! This makes our training curriculum fits for everyone, be it Sales, Marketing, HR, Business Analyst, etc. – basically anyone – who wants to know Agile and be Agile by using the Scrum framework!
- Our classes are unique, as they are designed with fun, playful engagement in mind! And, unlike traditional classes where trainers only “feed” the participants with knowledge, we are utilising “discovery-based learning” technique where we assisted participants to discover their own potential – instead of being told.
- Research shows that by using “discovery-based learning“, participants shall have higher confidence to solve problems, and potentially enable them as life-long learners!
- And unlike, other courses out there, our course content is much more packed, with attractive and playful activities, even though it is done virtually!
The course content covers content in the following areas:
- Increase business agility through the proper execution of the Product Owner role
- Recognize the value of a product over project mindset
- Learn how to bridge business strategy to product execution using Scrum
- Understand that the Product Owner is an Agile Product Manager
- Understand the Scrum Principles and Empiricism
- Understand the Product Owner accountabilities on the Scrum Team
- Learn how to align the team around the business strategy, product vision, Product Goal, and Sprint Goal
- Find ways to effectively communicate the business strategy, product vision, and Product Goal
- Learn techniques for Product Backlog Management, Release Management, and Forecasting
- Identify metrics that can be used to track value creation, and successful product delivery
- Discover techniques to interact with stakeholders, customers, and the members of the Scrum Team
- Upon successfully completing this course, you will be awarded with Certificate of Completion.
- You are entitled to 1 (one) free attempt of the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO I) exam worth US$200 from Scrum.org. However, you will need to pay US$200 for every subsequent attempt in case you can’t pass the first attempt.
- If you have min. 1 year of experience as a Product Owner and has passed the PSPO I exam, you are entitled to take our CPC (Certified Product Coach) exam. Upon being successfully qualified, you will be registered on our site as an experienced Agile Product Coach.
- All these certifications have lifelong validity, there is no need for renewal fees unlike other certifications!